Alima recruits 01 Communications Officer (English-speaking)
- 1 Alima recruits 01 Communications Officer (English-speaking)
- 2 FORMATION DIGITAL
- 3 Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Communications Officer (English-speaking) – Senegal ALIMA, the international medical NGO who puts the co-construction of projects and career paths at the core of its operational model
ABOUT ALIMAALIMA’s purpose is to save lives and provide care for the most vulnerable populations, without any discrimination based on identity, religion or politics, through actions based on proximity, innovation, and the alliance of organizations and individuals. We act with humanity and impartiality in accordance with universal medical ethics. To gain access to patients, we endeavor to act in a neutral and independent manner.
VALUES and PRINCIPLES defined in the ALIMA Charter:Putting the patient first
Revolutionizing humanitarian medicineResponsibility and freedomImproving the quality of our actionsPlacing trustCollective intelligenceEnvironmental responsibility
CARING – INNOVATING – TOGETHER: Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 7 million patients and today deploys its operations in 12 African countries. In 2020 we developed 67 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflicts, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects are carried out in support of national authorities at 357 health facilities (including 45 hospitals and 312 health centers). Whenever possible we work in partnership with local NGOs to ensure that our patients benefit from the best and most relevant expertise, whether within their own country or in the rest of the world. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we are carrying out operational and clinical research projects, particularly in the field of the fight against malnutrition and viral hemorrhagic fevers.
ALIMA’S TEAM: more than 2,000 people are currently working for ALIMA. The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from coordination teams generally based in the countries’ capitals. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and country openings team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working to raise funds and represent ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA world includes individuals and partner teams working on behalf of other organizations such as national medical NGOs BEFEN, Alerte Sante, SOS Medecins-BF/ KEOOGO, AMCP-SP, research organizations PAC-CI and INSERM, Bordeaux and Copenhagen Universities, the INGO Solidarités International and many others.
COUNTRIES WHERE WE WORK: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Chad.
THE WORK WE DO covers: Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Coronavirus, Lassa Fever), Research, Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender Based Violence, vaccinations, mental health, etc.
ALIMA promotes and defends the principles of fundamental human rights. ALIMA has a zero-tolerance approach to perpetrators of gender-based and sexual violence, as well as to failure to act in the face of suspected or actual violence. The protection of those who benefit and are impacted by our intervention is a top priority in everything we do. Anyone who collaborates withALIMA is committed to:● Comply with the ALIMA charter, code of conduct, and institutional policies, including the policy on protection against abuse of power and gender and sexual violence, and the policy on prevention of corruption and fraud;
● Report any violations of policies, framework documents and procedures to a supervisor, a manager.
ALIMAAlongside emergency medical aid action in 12 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the NGO ALIMA develops communication, advocacy and fundraising campaigns in France and Africa, as well as in the USA and Europe. In 2021, ALIMA opened a regional office in Anglophone East Africa (in Kenya, Nairobi).
In this context of growth, ALIMA is looking for an experienced anglophone communications officer.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPSReporting to: Head of Communications
Direct reports: None
Close collaboration with: Operations and Fundraising departments
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 2 : As part of his/her duties, the job holder will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct is found, a declaration of honor will be requested.
The communications officer (English-speaking) will be involved in the implementation of ALIMA’s communication strategy, with the following main objectives:- Increase awareness and visibility of ALIMA among target audiences
– Produce quality operational and institutional communication material
– Contribute to fundraising and advocacy activities
– Develop the ALIMA employer brand
The communications officer (English-speaking) will be responsible for:
Producing communication materials in English for the general public– Write, produce and disseminate content (articles, videos, infographics, photo and audio reportages) and communication tools (brochures, annual reports, posters) for all ALIMA’s communication channels (internal and external), in collaboration with ALIMA USA
– Coordinate field visits to produce quality audiovisual reportages and liaise with content providers (videographers, photographers, printers, etc.)
– Translate (or proofread once translated into English) various ALIMA communication tools from French into English
Managing media relations– Receive and manage requests from English-speaking journalists (background, interviews, field visits) to support the Communication Manager
– Participate in defining ALIMA’s media strategies and key messages according to different topics
– Write press content in collaboration with the Press Relations agency: press releases, briefs and messages on various operational and institutional matters concerning ALIMA
– Ensure good management of international press contacts (updating lists) and maintain a network of contacts (journalists, assistants, editors) with the media (print, radio, television, web) and journalists
– Participate in training and coaching ALIMA spokespersons
– Ensure good media monitoring and media reporting
Producing communication materials for institutional and private donors– Develop communication and visibility plans for donors, in collaboration with the Operations Department
– Develop and monitor communication content according to institutional and private donors’ expectations of visibility.
Supporting communication activities and fundraising campaigns in France and USA– Support the design of communication and marketing materials: stories from patients, staff testimonials, computer graphics, films, photographs, audio recordings for France and the USA
– Participate in the development and implementation of communication plans and campaigns for the general public
– Support the production of content for fundraising events for ALIMA France and ALIMA USA (major donors and general public)
Supporting operational communication (in collaboration with field teams)– Coordinate communication activities with country teams, including the organization of national communication events
– Develop operational communication tools for ALIMA’s activities
– Produce communication materials on projects results
Implementing protection measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:– Participate in training and awareness raising sessions
– Apply abuse prevention standards
– Help create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
Preferred qualifications– University degree in communication, political science, journalism or equivalent;
Professional experience– 8+ years of experience in institutional and/or scientific communication for an NGO or an international organization
– Editorial/journalistic experience on medical, humanitarian or public health projects in sub-Saharan Africa
– Knowledge of fundraising mechanisms and relations with private and institutional donors
– Ability to work in unstable and volatile security contexts;
Language skills– Native English speaker
– Good level of written and spoken French
Additional skills– Editorial profile with a strong aptitude for media relations
– Experience and knowledge of international media
– Dynamic, self-reliant, rigorous, creative and proactive
– Flexibility and capacity to adapt to the pace of work in an emergency-oriented organization.
– Strong interest in humanitarian medical action
– Skills in digital media, photography and video are a plus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT● Permanent contract
● Start date: as soon as possible
● Salary: Level 6 of the ALIMA grid. Grade to be discussed depending on experience.
● 6.5 weeks of paid vacation per year and a system of recovery days for travel
● ALLIANZ health insurance covered by ALIMA for the employee and his/her dependents except in the USA.
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online before September 6, 2021
Applications are processed as they are received.
ALIMA reserves the right to close the job before the initial deadline in case of a successful application.
Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + Cover Letter) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.POSTULER
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays