IOM recruits 01 Senior Human Resources Assistant
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For this vacancy, applications from qualified and eligible internal candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible external candidates in the selection process.
Irregular migration along the Central Mediterranean route is increasingly dangerous for migrants. Crossing the Mediterranean to Italy is by far the deadliest route, with 1 death recorded for 35 arrivals (IOM, 2016). In addition, human trafficking and other exploitative practices along the route are heavily affecting migrants during their migratory journey along the routes of the Central Mediterranean.
To meet these challenges IOM, with support from the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and the European Union (EU), has developed targeted interventions in 14 countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and The Gambia) to protect the security, dignity and rights of migrants along this important and dangerous migration route and to help in improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach. This will be achieved through different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, provision of direct assistance through search and rescue support, identification, referral and direct assistance to vulnerable migrants, assistance for voluntary return, support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin, the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants, potential migrants and communities, and the collection of data on migration flows. The aim is to strengthen the technical and material capacities of authorities and organizations involved in these areas so that they can ultimately take over the policies and programmes related to the protection and reintegration of migrants developed and/or strengthened in the region, with a view to improving the governance of migration in the region.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer, and the direct supervision of the Regional Human Resources Officer (RHRO) and in close collaboration with the Human Resources Officer in Senegal, the Senior Human Resources assistant will provide support to the Human Resource functions in the Regional office (RO) in accordance with IOM’s regulations & procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Human Resources Unit on a daily basis;
- Act as the focal point for the Staff Evaluation System for RO; assist in coordinating the performance management cycle of General Service Staff and National officers; Ensure that Probation evaluations are done in a timely manner;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of the regional training plan in accordance with instructions from the Staff Development and Learning unit;
- Act as the focal point for time management for RO;
- Process all personnel actions in PRISM HR (SAP);
- Review dependents’ benefits such as insurance coverage, child/spouse allowances, and align entitlements with internal insurance rules and staff rules and regulations;
- Carry-out and monitor a wide range of Human Resource actions including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases and coordinate with the Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate; Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard and more complex inquiries and refer the most sensitive ones as appropriate;
- Ensure staff files (both international and national) are organized as per internal standards and kept updated with all required documentation including attendance records, personal status form, family status form, personnel action forms, etc;
- Keep an auditable record (both electronical and physical) of RO positions and recruitment files;
- Suggest and coordinate social events with the aim of strengthening the working atmosphere;
- Follow up with the Operations unit on visa requests/renewal for long term consultants and new staff members; act as the focal point for the issuance of UN Laissez-Passer; ensure the timely renewal of UN Badges for all staff members; In collaboration with the procurement unit and the security unit, coordinate appointment travels for international staff/non-staff members;
Assist in the production of HR reports;
Monitor the HR office supplies and liaise with the relevant units for replacement;
Provide guidance and training to and coordinate and monitor work of new/junior staff in the unit;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, or higher Diploma in Human Resources Management or related discipline with 4 years relevant work experience, or;
- High-school diploma with 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity;
- Ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Experience in the UN system an advantage;
- Experience working with SAP HR system an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel;
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills;
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English are required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
- accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on the subject line: « ROWCA-HR-21-221-VN , Senior Human Resources Assistant »**.
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
- Classification: General Services, Grade G6
- Type of appointment: One Year Fixed Term, 12 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing date: 31-août-21
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays