Applications to Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs for Spring 2023 at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology are currently being received. Enrolling international students may win the NTUST International Student Scholarship. This scholarship is offered by the university’s endowment fund and subsidies from the Ministry of Education to international students enrolling in graduate programs.
The scholarship is awarded to admitted international students. Therefore, those who wish to be considered for this scholarship must first apply for admission to the university. Candidates of all nationalities who wish to study a master’s or Doctoral degree program at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology are welcome to apply. This is a good opportunity for candidates who would like to study at one of the top 10 institutes in science and technology in Asia.
Created in 1974, the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST or Taiwan Tech – 國立臺灣科技大學) is a public research university in Taipei, Taiwan. As of 2013, the first Technological University in Taiwan enrolled 5,645 undergraduate and 4,744 graduate students. Taiwan Tech has five campuses (with the main campus in Taipei) and is composed of 14 departments and 24 graduate programs that are offered to national and international students at undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degree levels.
- Host Institution: National Taiwan University of Science and Technology in Taiwan.
- Eligible Program: Master’s and PhD Programs offered by TaiwanTech.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Master’s programs (Maximum 2 years); dual-degree program students, maximum 1 year; Doctoral programs (Maximum 3 years); Fast-track Master to Ph.D. programs (i.e. doctoral students who entered an NTUST PhD program after completing the first year of a master’s program at NTUST), Maximum 4 years.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
NTUST International Student Scholarship Benefits
This Asia scholarships are granted for one academic year, and may be extended once to a maximum period of two years for the completion of a master’s program, or twice to a maximum period of three years for the completion of a Ph.D. program.
- NTUST scholarships may include a one-year waiver of tuition and fees (including credit hour fees).
- Value of full-scholarships for master’s programs: Monthly stipends of NT$ 12,000 to be paid after enrollment.
- Value of full-scholarships for doctoral students: Monthly stipends of NT$ 18,000 to be paid after enrollment.
- Value of partial-scholarships for master’s programs: Monthly stipends of NT$ 9,000 to be paid after enrollment.
- Value of partial-scholarships for doctoral programs: Monthly stipends of NT$ 12,500 to be paid after enrollment.
Departments and Graduate Institutes that are Opened to Foreign Students
Please find here, the list of departments that offer English-taught programs to international students. A department with this * symbol means it only offers master’s degree programs. Please contact relevant departments or graduate institutes for detailed information.
- Department of Industrial Management
- Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Information Management
- Department of Design
- Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education
- Graduate Institute of Automation and Control
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- Department of Applied Foreign Languages *
- Graduate Institute of Finance
- Graduate Institute of Electro-Optical Engineering
- Graduate Institute of Technology Management *
- MBA Program *
- Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Technology (including Doctoral program of Biomedical Engineering )
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Engineering *
- Graduate Institute of Color and Illumination Technology *.
NTUST International Student Scholarship Eligibility
To apply to this university scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First-time applicants: International students who hold bachelor’s or master’s degrees from universities abroad (including dual-degree program students) applying for admission to our graduate programs as full-time students.
- Scholarship recipients applying for an extension: Enrolled students may apply for the renewal of the scholarship for their next year of graduate study at the end of their first academic year.
- Are not eligible to apply, students who are:
- already receiving other forms of financial aid from NTUST or the R.O.C government (Exceptions to these regulations may be granted to students who receive research stipends or work-study payments or financial aid provided under special agreements signed with NTUST).
- concurrently enrolled at NTUST and another university in Taiwan or who engage in full-time paid employment in the R.O.C.
Taiwan Tech Partner Universities
Below is the list of National Taiwan University of Science and Technology partner universities which candidates are eligible to apply for dual degree programs.
- Japan: University of Tokushima
- Japan: Kyushu University
- Japan: Kyushu Institute of Technology
- Japan: Nagoya University of Commerce & Business
- Indonesia: Universitas Indonesia
- Indonesia: Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Indonesia: Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
- Indonesia: Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Indonesia: Diponegoro University
- Indonesia: Widya Mandala Catholic University
- Indonesia: Petra Christian University
- Indonesia: Universitas Islam Indonesia
- Indonesia: BINUS University
- Russia: Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Philippines: De La Salle University
- France: Ecole Centrale Marseille
- France: Excelia Business School
- UK: University of Reading
- Czech: Czech Technical University in Prague
- Switzerland: The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland
- Germany: Technical University of Cologne
- Germany: Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
- Germany: Pforzheim University
- Oceania – Australia: The University of Queensland
- Africa – Ethiopia: Bahir Dar University
- USA: Rochester Institute of Technology
- USA: Wayne State University
- USA: Temple University.
How to Apply for the NTUST International Student Scholarship
Those who are interested in this scholarship should apply for admission to their chosen programs. New students should submit the scholarship application with their application for admission to NTUST. Qualified students will be awarded the scholarship. Current scholarship holders should submit the scholarship application to their department or graduate program office before the expiration of their current scholarship, and no later than the scholarship application deadline announced by the university.
Candidates who wish to apply for a dual degree program should click here. Dual Degree Program is only available for students who are currently enrolled in one of Taiwan Tech’s partner universities shown above.
First-time applicant’s documents will be evaluated by the department or graduate program. The notification of being granted a scholarship or not will come with the Letter of Admission issued by the Office of Academic Affairs. For those who applied for extensions (current scholarship holders), the application with all supporting documents, including a recommendation letter by the supervisor, will be evaluated by the department or graduate program.
First-time applicants must submit an application form, official transcripts of the highest university degree, letters of recommendation, a physical examination certificate, and an official language proficiency test score (TOEFL or equivalent). NTUST scholarship recipients applying for an extension of their scholarship must submit the transcript of the previous academic year, a report on or examples of their research achievements, and a recommendation letter from their advisor.
For questions related to admission at the university, please contact the Section of Graduate Studies, Office of Academic Affairs on [email protected]. For questions regarding the application for NTUST International Student Scholarship, please email [email protected] or [email protected].
The application deadline is for the 2023 Spring Semester (February entry). Please visit the official page for more details on the NTUST International Student Scholarship.
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement