Information & Communication Technology Officer
Duty Station : N’Djamena, Chad
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) of IOM Chad, and in close coordination with the IT and Communication Officer based in Niger, the Information Management and Technology Officer, relevant staff and ICT Department counterparts, the successful candidate will provide the necessary Information Technology and Communications (ICT) support to CAS office and Country Office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise missions’ ICT team members and coordinate daily activities of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit for the mission, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately, and that all daily operations are in compliance with IOM ICT Standards.
2. Ensure adherence to IOM standard, Policies, and guidelines with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ICT procurement.
3. Facilitate the implementation and compliance of the cyber security program and other required compliance with donor and operational frameworks and standards.
4. Liaise with the Information Management and Technology (IMT) Officer for the adequate and timely provision of ICT and Information management solutions and services to meet operational needs.
5. Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, Messaging, O365, internet connectivity, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
6. Ensure the adequate IT infrastructure performance for mission-critical and CAS operations applications, corporate applications such as STAR, MiMOSA, E-medical, PRISM, Intranet etc. Liaise with IMT and other counterparts to ensure technical support and day-to-day issues
7. Facilitate the in-house development of required database information systems to support mission operations, included, but not limited to, data collection, data analysis and reporting and information management requirements facilitation.
8. Produce and implement, when necessary, ICT training to end users, data entry operators and enumerators to facilitate productive use of the IT, telecommunications, and information systems in the mission.
9. In close coordination with the IMT Officer, implement the improvements to mission IT Infrastructure and the provision of services for the efficient functioning of mission operations. Check that ICT related project activities are implemented on a timely basis by daily monitoring of activities and reporting of challenges to IMT Officer.
10. Facilitate the implementation of the ICT strategy in the Chad mission and actively coordinate ICT solutions or project components to meet the IT architecture review and other ICT frameworks.
11. In close coordination with IMT Officer, liaise with Logistics and Procurement staff to facilitate the proper provision of ICT-related equipment/supplies/services and propose most suitable solutions.
12. Provide training to ICT team members and other staff in the Mission.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows network environment (LAN/WAN) and first-level network/desktop support;
• Experience working with an international organization or an international agency in a field location; supporting emergency, complex/post-conflict mission;
• Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems;
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience of database information systems and data processing tools. Knowledge of web-based development and other development tools and reporting, and,
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft power platform and 365 cloud-based applications and technologies.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating System, Network\Systems administration, TCP/IP, Telecoms, Network Protocols, Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office 365 apps, Antivirus Software, and utilities;
• Knowledge of web-based development, experience in development, and implementation of Microsoft power platform,
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance, and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results;
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible, and mature manner;
• Demonstrated ability to coach individuals, to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
• Certificate in any of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) (Windows/Exchange Server), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), is a distinct advantage; and,
• A certificate in project management (PMP or Prince 2) and\or IT service management (ITIL) is a distinct advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and French are required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 November 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
Posting period: From 27.10.2022to 09.11.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement
Hey toi 👋 Partage ce contenu 👉