At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Program Officer Child Health and Nutrition to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
You will have a master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Food Sciences, Child Health, Clinical Medicine and/or Community Health. Training in Epidemiology and Research methodologies preferred. At least 10 years’ experience working in Child Health, Nutrition ore related field in Sahel or Sub-Saharan Africa. At least 5 years’ experience in supervising Child Health, Nutrition programs in donor funded program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation. Experience with micronutrients supplementation programs for children is desirable. Excellent interpersonal, IT, presentational and team working skills.
Fluent in French and good in written and spoken English.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the Sahel Director to ensure that the landscape analysis for child health and nutrition interventions are regularly updated and available for the designing of project plans and proposals.
- Developing annual workplans and budgets for VAS and Zinc interventions
- Developing quality monthly, quarterly, and annual performance monitoring (both technical and financial) reports for VAS and Zinc projects and ensure challenges are identified and recommended corrective actions are timely implemented.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative relations with MoH, other government agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs, as appropriate to promote information sharing and effective coordination of effort to improve and sustain effective and efficient programs.
- Representing NI at national and regional for a relevant to VAS and Zinc intervention.
- Participating on the design of research and evaluation activities for VAS and Zinc projects and work closely with researchers and external evaluators to ensure research and evaluations exercises are feasible, respond to project and MoH needs.
- Supporting the timely dissemination of research and program evaluation findings in Sahel and elsewhere with the view to inform others on available new information and improved practices for VAS and Zinc interventions.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to October 2024 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Senegal. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
Deadline for submission: October 12 2021
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays