Wave recruits 01 Trilingual Support Team Lead
In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave’s mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from several African nations – and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
Delighting our users is a core value at Sendwave. We are looking for a bilingual French/ Wolof Team Lead to help oversee the growing French/Wolof Team’s day to day tasks and provide guidance. As a new Team Lead, you will be responsible for monitoring the team’s daily performance across each support channel, individual staff metrics, and managing break times and holidays. You will also jump in to help our users in times of elevated volume. If you enjoy motivating coworkers and problem-solving, we’d like to consider you! Ultimately, you will make sure our User French/Wolof Reps are using their skills and training to successfully address our user’s needs.
In this role, you’ll
- Motivate, coach, and help develop the technical and customer service skills for all of our French/Wolof representatives.
- Be responsible for seeing that our French/ Wolof-speaking users receive the best possible experience when they contact us via phone, text or email.
- Directly supervise senior reps and representatives in this team.
- Monitor volume to ensure work is evenly distributed amongst the team.
- Provide daily motivation and recognition of team members.
- Effectively address unprofessional or non-constructive behavior situations as directed by your lead
- Developing a positive team relationship by being supportive, visible, and easily accessible.
- Handling challenging users and issues via the existing escalation processes.
- Providing input to your lead regarding workload volume and staffing needs.
- Train and evaluate your team, and develop a feedback mechanism to help us improve our product
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge as related to our mobile remittance services, user life-cycle, distribution campaigns, and the daily functions and operations of both Long time user support and User Protection Support Team.
- And more tasks that can be assigned to you by leadership
- Must speak fluently French/Wolof and English
- Must be able to work open hours if needed
- Prior call center leadership experience (3+ years)
- Solid customer service, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
- The ability to interface with all levels of staff and management.
- Fully embraces our Sendwave values. In particular, taking full ownership of the outcomes that you’re responsible for, figuring out your root problem and working toward a solution that addresses it, prioritizing ruthlessly and focusing on egoless, self-improvement.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The capability to effectively handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed.
- A great attitude, professionalism, high level of energy.
Please only submit your resume in English
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. External candidates must be authorized to work Senegal. External candidates authorized to work exclusively outside of Senegal will not be considered.
Our team of over 200 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Closing date : 14 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.