World Bank recrute 01 ET Consultant
In the context of the World Bank’s broad development agenda, the Legal Vice Presidency (LEGVP), under the Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, is responsible for providing legal support to internal and external World Bank clients on operational, advisory and corporate matters. LEGVP provides legal services required by the World Bank and plays an active role in all the World Bank’s activities. In addition, LEGVP helps to ensure that all World Bank activities comply with the institution’s Articles of Agreement, as well as its operational policies and procedures. Organizationally, LEGVP includes geographically-based regional Operational Practice Groups devoted to the legal and policy aspects of the World Bank’s lending operations, and Corporate Practice Groups, which provide advice on corporate finance, administrative and institutional matters for the World Bank.
LEGAM provides operational legal support to two regions: (i) Africa, and (ii) Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Both Africa and MENA include a mix of low-income, lower- middle-income, and upper-middle income countries, and several fragile states. The World Bank work program in Africa is the largest among all the Regions. The Africa and MENA Regions together represent 38% of the World Bank’s net commitments and 41% of its number of projects in addition to a robust and complex trust fund portfolio.
The Extended Term Consultant will be a member of the LEGAM Practice Group, under the general supervision of both Chief Counsels, with day-to-day guidance provided by one or more Lead or Senior Counsels. The Extended Term Consultant will be a lawyer who can operate independently to handle legal, operational and policy issues related to the Bank’s operations while working collaboratively with other lawyers within the Practice Group and LEG as a whole.
The selected candidate will report to both Chief Counsels, LEGAM.
Duties & Accountabilities:
The Extended Term Consultant, under the supervision of the Lead/Senior Counsel, will:
– Draft legal agreements and/or pleadings, litigation filings, and other legal documents.
– Prepare legal memoranda on complex legal issues.
– Conduct legal research on complex issues of law.
– Advise teams on World Bank policies and procedures.
– Provide guidance to Administrative Client Support staff and/or paralegals on processing of documentation.
– Carry out any other complementary duties assigned by the Lead/Senior Counsel.
– Minimum 5 years’ experience involving legal research, contract drafting and/or other relevant legal experience
General Competencies Required
– Excellent legal research, writing, analytical and communications skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Familiarity in the use of varied legal research sources (including electronic sources in the internet) and other databases.
– Fully proficient in computer skills, particularly in using word processing software, information databases, internet services, and library sources.
– Ability to work well as a team member in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
– Ability to work under time pressure and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
– Experience in litigation, administrative and contract law, and preparation of court filings and/or commercial transactions and negotiating legal agreements are a plus
– Fluency in written and spoken English and French is indispensable, as well as excellent drafting skills. Applicants will be asked to undertake a drafting exercise as part of the selection process.
Other Competencies Required
– Deliver Results for Clients: Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues. Sets challenging goals that align with the WBG mission and is always looking to improve. Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions. Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients.
– Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success. Shares information and frame thinking/actions with a corporate perspective in mind.
– Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights. Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results. Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission and recognizes impact one has on others. Operates in ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same
– Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions. Contributes to the department’s and WBG’s body of knowledge by applying lessons learned and expertise. Actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback. Builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group
– Make Smart Decisions: Leverages available data and makes timely decisions. Seeks and analyzes facts, data and lessons of past experience to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work. Applies cost/benefit analysis to meet work program objectives. Contributes to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis. Shows initiative when necessary and makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement