The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is calling on children and teens all over the world for its World Food Day Poster contest. Candidates must be between the ages of 5 to 19, and have to use their imagination and create a poster.
The poster should be showing a world where no one is left behind, and everyone has access to healthy and affordable food. Everything in our world is connected – from our food to our cultures, environment and economies. Today, many people continue to face global challenges like poverty and hunger, climate change, conflict and inequality. Global challenges need global solutions! We can all learn how to be part of these global solutions, for a sustainable future where every person counts.
Although progress has been made towards building a better world, too many people have been left behind. Today, enough food is produced in the world to feed everyone, yet millions of people continue to suffer from hunger or malnutrition. How can this be? There are several reasons: for 3 billion people (about 40 percent of the world’s population) a healthy diet is too expensive. A great deal of food is also wasted or lost before it even reaches the market.
Worldwide, 75 percent of poor and food insecure people rely on agriculture and natural resources for their living.They are usually the worst affected by natural disasters (droughts, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, epidemics, etc.), wars, economic crises, or even all these issues at once. Governments, the private sector, the world of academia and civil society must work together in solidarity to prioritize food security, peace and equality for all.
- Organizer: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, headquartered in Rome, Italy.
- Area: Poster creation to illustrate a world where no one is left behind, and everyone has access to healthy and affordable food.
- Number of awards: 60.
- Duration: One time.
- Target group: Open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
World Food Day Poster Contest Benefits
15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee in December 2022. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category;
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website;
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world;
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
World Food Day Poster Contest Criteria
The World Food Day Poster contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world. The age to declare on the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolor paint as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form. Posters can only be submitted online using the apply button below.
- All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
- Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email in December 2022.
The deadline to submit an application is . For more details on the World Food Day Poster contest, please visit the official page.
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement