IOM recruits 01 Human Resources Officer
- Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P1
- Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO), and in close coordination with Human Resources Unit at the Regional Office in Senegal, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing analysis and evaluation of individual human resources related cases, recommending appropriate courses of action, and assisting with the administration of compensation and benefits for national and field staff under the close supervision and guidance of more experienced HR specialists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the RMO in the coordination of the Human Resources Management function in the Country Office in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Interpret and apply IOM’s Human Resources rules and regulations, and internal procedures and processes and check that local administrative procedures are followed and in accordance with these practices.
- Maintain personnel files and ensure that attendance records of all international and national staff of the Mission are maintained.
- Closely coordinate with Finance Section for the delivery of benefits/privileges and deductions to field employees.
- Prepare the monthly payroll for national staff.
- Maintain and update the CO’s Human Resources database.
- Arrange specific staff development and training sessions for the CO in close collaboration with RMO, and provide training on specific modules for the human resources department staff and administrative staff of Sub-offices as needed.
Update project staffing tables, including vacancies and use of temporary assistance to meet exceptional work requirements.
- Assist in coordinating recruitment processes, including reviewing or drafting terms of references, suggesting the shortlisting of profiles and taking notes during candidate interviews.
- Upon instruction, draft specific segments of administrative reports that may be required by HQs.
- Support the processing of administrative actions.
- Reinforce standards of conduct and a respectful working environment, including mutual respect, safety and tolerance in the workplace.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Behaviour and Development, Psychology or a related field from an accredited institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in administration and human resources management, preferably with international organizations;
- Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems;
Capacity to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- High degree of computer literacy; good knowledge of MS Excel is essential. Demonstrated writing skills;
- Good knowledge of IOM/ UN Human Resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations;
- Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
- English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written).
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
Closing Date : 25 August 2021.
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays