L’OIM recrute 01 agent de gestion de l’information
- Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 28 October 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros;Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
In In 2017, the International Organization for Migration and the European Commission launched several IOM-EU External Actions to Support Migrant Protection and Reintegration of returnees funded by the EU Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa and the Development Cooperation Instrument.
In the context of IOM’s global information management strategy, systems are being upgraded and expanded to ensure that all individuals assisted have their cases systematically stored and managed through a centralized, standardized system which allows unique cases to be tracked across different countries and access points. The expanded systems also includes processes to improve the assistance workflow and monitoring of the return and reintegration experiences and outcomes of returnees, as well as the assistance provided to all migrants in vulnerable situations assisted by IOM.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Programme Coordinator (EU-IOM JI), and the direct supervision of the Head of the Migration Data and Research Unit, in close coordination with the Migrant Protection Assistance (MPA) Division’s Senior Regional Thematic Specialist and Information Management Officer in Headquarters, the successful candidate will support the Information Management functions of the EU-IOM Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in the West and Central Africa (EU-IOM JI).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee and assist the Country Offices (CO) in Central and West Africa region with the compilation of regional case management data, including for regular reports required by IOM HQs as well as donors and provide support and guidance to the regional data assistant.
- Contribute to the development of information and knowledge products on migrant assistance and protection based on internal and external needs and requirements. Support colleagues working on research publications and the development of partnerships with academic and research institutions.
- Supervise the Data Assistant of the Regional Office (RO) in the roll out and application ofMiMOSA (Migrant Management Operational System Application) in Central and West Africa region under the Joint initiative.
- Support the roll out and application of MiMOSA in Central and West Africa region.
- Train and provide technical and thematic guidance and support to IOM COs in MPAinformation management (reporting).
- Develop ad hoc mobility data collection reports for the Regional Office considering other sources of data that may support a broad overview (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), AVRR, external) and liaise with the Geographic Information System (GIS) Team for support.
- Monitor migration trends in the Region and provide regular regional update.
- Liaise and coordinate with external stakeholders to inform their work by providing data on migrant assistance issues. Participate in relevant national and international for a, as well as relevant inter-agency working groups at regional and global level.
- Support the development and update of the Joint Initiative website (content, visuals, etc.).
- Undertake travel duties, as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Social Science, Information Technology or computer science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience of information management or monitoring and evaluation position recommended, including data verification, validation, classification as well as methodology, questionnaires and reporting;
- Experience in the field of migrant assistance, particularly AVRR and protection is preferred; and,
- Experience with MiMOSA is preferred.
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills using tools such asPowerBI for data visualization;
- Knowledge or experience of case management/customer relationship management systems desirable;
- Experience in the development and management of (SQL and NoSQL) databases and applications is preferred;
- Proven ability to deliver technical training to different audiences; and,
- Experience in the use of database applications and statistical analysis tools.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Closing date : 28 October 2021.
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays