PAM Recrute 01 médecin régional
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is for a Regional Medical Officer P4 in Regional Bureau Dakar (RBD), Senegal
WFP Regional Medical Officers (RMOs) are located in Nairobi (Kenya), Dakar (Senegal), Bangkok (Thailand), Cairo (Egypt) and Johannesburg (S. Africa) they are under the functional supervision of the Chief, Medical Service of the Staff Wellness Division (WELM). Job holders have in-depth technical knowledge and experience required to identify, analyse and resolve complex medical issues providing support and solid advice to managers and staff in the assigned region. They are essential medical component forming the Regional Wellness Network (RWN) and are required to provide technical expertise, advice and solutions that support strategic results, and formulate regional strategies and approaches where appropriate.
To design and coordinate the delivery of medical services in RBD region for efficient and effective promotion, prevention and protection of the health and safety of WFP staff following the Wellness Strategy and the Regional strategic objectives.
Key accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Occupational Health Services
- Manage and conduct in the regions of responsibility: health protection, injury and illness prevention and health-promotion programs, in line with the Regional Strategic Objectives and with the RMW/HQ guidance;
- Provide travel medicine services for staff on official travel, incorporating destination-specific health advice, facilitating access to immunization, prophylactic medications and travel medical kits;
- Manage the return to work of national staff members after extended sick leave;
- Advise staff on medical and health issues related to their work;
- Assess and respond to staff concerns regarding health and ergonomic aspects of their workplace, and other matters related to work environment;
- Provide support and assist in implementing the activities and programs related to WFP Policies relevant to staff health, safety and wellness;
- Perform as required and assess medical examinations and clearances for national staff and for locally-recruited staff related to recruitment, periodic medical examination, pre-departure briefing for missions to the field, etc;
- Report and analyze mortality and morbidity statistics from reports on sick leave, medical evacuations, deaths, work related illnesses or accidents;
- Identify through access to medical examinations and consultations reports, the main health hazards (work related or environmental) which could affect the health of the staff and their dependents in their respective area;
- Support WFP COs in the monitoring and management of the UN Clinics serving WFP field staff and cost-shared by the Organization;
- Support WFP COs in the management and monitoring of the implementation of the Service Level Agreements or Memoranda of Understanding regarding the sharing of DPKO/DFS Missions field medical services to WFP staff;
- Carry out systematic field visits to the top priority countries of the region and reports to Regional Directors and Chief Medical Officer on findings recommending solutions based on local approaches, including the assessment of the Minimal Health Support Elements such as primary, tertiary, psychiatric care and pharmaceutical availabilities and a local Mass Casualty Incident plan;
- Systematically record national staff/locally-recruited personnel health data onto the global medical corporate database to produce reliable reports on staff health trends, challenges and risks to business continuity;
- Establish functional and operational relations with the Regional Admin Officer, the Regional Staff Counsellor and the Regional Security Officer in order to constitute an emergency and occupational health & safety network at the regional level for all WFP staff (Regional Wellness Network);
- Along with the Regional Staff Counsellor, the Regional Admin Officer, the Regional Security Officer, provide induction and briefing on staff health challenges to in-coming field managers with particular respect to medical evacuation procedures and SOPs, medical referrals in country and mass casualty planning ( if applicable);
- Ensure regional compliance to UN HIV/AIDS recommended activities including preparation and dissemination of the PEP kit country specific protocols, facilitated access to PICT and VCCT;
- Ensure medical compliance to MOSS prescriptions in terms of first aid kits availability, maintenance and training in the offices, vehicles and the provision of relevant training;
- Conduct regular visits and assessments of staff accommodations for compliance to minimum standards and advises/recommends accordingly actions to the appropriate Admin officer;
- Provide health education and improvement programs on local health risks, working/living conditions, including stress prevention programs in coordination with the Regional Staff Counsellors to broaden staff awareness of alcohol and drug abuse and their impact at the workplace.
Advisory Services/ Primary Clinical Care for WFP Personnel in the Region
- The RMO is NOT the primary care physician of WFP staff: however s/he does provide first aid and emergency services in response to accidents occurring in the workplace;
- Systematically access and liaise with local medical facilities to ascertain proper medical care rendered;
- Establish a referral list and updated list of reasonable and customary costs at the duty station;
- Provide advice on sick leave issues;
- Provide medical advice for disability cases, special dependency, work-related illness or injury and education benefits;
- Recommend, facilitate and manage medical evacuations of national and international staff and dependents at the regional referral medical center level;
- Verify appropriateness, reasonableness and customary nature of major medical bills/treatments as required;
- Provide surge capacity to the corporate and UN System emergency response capacity including mass casualty incidents;
- Provide ongoing management or assistance with follow-up of chronic medical conditions diagnosed and for which treatment has already started;
- Facilitate staff access to local medical facilities and ensures follow-up.
Standard minimum qualifications
- Diploma / Degree of Medical Doctor (MD, MBBS, etc.)
- Postgraduate medical qualification in internal medicine and/or emergency medicine and/or occupational health and safety and/or public health
- Minimum 08 years of clinical practice as a Medical Doctor/ Practitioner of which at least 1-2 years should be in an international organization/environment
- At least 5 years of successful management of interdisciplinary teams
- Practical experience working in remote and isolated environments is advantageous
- Experience within the UN system or similar NGOs is an Asset
- Fluency in English and French is required
Required knowledge & skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management and team building skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and drafting skills
- Knowledge of addressing the psychosocial needs of humanitarian workers
- Experience in emergency management (crisis or disaster medicine), travel medicine, tropical and infectious disease
- Negotiation skills
- Project design and management
- Training experience and facilitation is an asset
- Terms and conditions
Mobility is, and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
Deadline for applications: 07 November, 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
Opportunités similaires👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'information d'actualité
👉Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement