Director of Program Development and Quality (DPDQ), Abidjan – National / International
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Country, the Director of Program Development and Quality (DPDQ) is responsible for driving cross-functional engagement in the delivery of Country Strategy Plans (CSPs), developing annual plans and reporting on results.
S/he is responsible for ensuring development and delivery of high quality, evidence-based, innovative programs for children, in all contexts, that contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. The Director of PDQ ensures that a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system is in place, that the country office engages in the collection and use of evidence and that this is shared across the global organization, and that reliable data is used for decision-making and program design.
One key aspect of the role is ensuring capacity building, mentoring and coaching of technical specialists in order to support program quality in line with global standards and key performance indicators. As a senior leader in the country office s/he plays a representational role with the government, donors, partners, peer agencies, Save the Children Members and others. The Director of PDQ supports strategic positioning with donors and partners and leads on project design to ensure that the country office strategy can be delivered in line with child rights programming principles and child rights situation in-country.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Approximately 10 years management experience in an International NGO environment, including significant field operations experience of full spectrum implementation: running both development and emergency programs and program design
- Master’s level qualification in one or more of appropriate technical area (social protection, food security and livelihood, education, health & nutrition)
- Strong background in resilience programming for children in complex environments
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Experience and strong understanding of in humanitarian / emergency response, development and nexus programming
- Track record in engaging with donors and raising funds for projects that deliver quality results for children.
- Significant experience in securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Track record in coordinating complex proposal design processes
- Solid project management skills related to program development cycle and working across cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays
NB: NE PAYEZ AUCUN FRAIS DE DOSSIERS POUR UNE OFFRE D’EMPLOI
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically – ability to think laterally
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children and child rights
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Fluency in English and French
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
Contract length: 2 years renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.