he UNHCR recruits 01 Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer
Procedures and Eligibility
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.
Duties and Qualifications
Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer is responsible for ensuring that IT systems and services are available and delivered consistently, reliably, and effectively. The incumbent oversees day-to-day operations and coordinates the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and ensures the various MSPs (both local and corporate) and UNHCR IT staff under their supervision deliver efficient and effective systems and services in accordance to contractual obligations and best practices. Understanding the current and future needs, the incumbent ensures that the IT requirements are understood and that offices within their respective area of responsibility (AoR) have adequate IT Services to maintain communications across the organization and have the IT tools necessary to support their work.
The incumbent has regular contact with MSPs (globally and locally within the AoR), with other Service Delivery Managers (SDMs), with Solution Engineers, with vendors, and all Services of DIST. S/he understands and communicates the UNHCR IT strategy and vision, policies, and decisions throughout the AoR in a positive manner and leads by example in the adherence and adoption. The Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer establishes and sustains relationships with respective business leaders & management in order to achieve technical and business strategic alignment. S/he may have supervisory responsibility for other IT staff both directly and in a matrixed structure. The specific reporting relationships may vary based on the size and structure of the Operation and will be specified in the Operational Context; the incumbent may receive functional direction and advice from the functional Division. Travel within the AoR is an integral part of this function, sometimes at short notice and potentially for extended periods of time, particularly when supporting an emergency.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Within the Area of Responsibility:
- Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including; incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
- Prepare an IT Operations Plan and forecast annual IT budget needs; including lifecycle management, application licensing, maintenance, recurring and capital expenditures ¿ providing input to the Annual Programme Review.
- Ensure compliance with Service Management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements ¿ reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
- Monitor Service Level performance targets (internal and external); including, follow up, validation, and audit of results.
- Serve as primary escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents & Service Requests) not resolved within established SLA’s; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
- Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
- Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed. Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and testing of new IT components.
- Recommend, and implement approved, service delivery process improvements. Define support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment for all sites and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up-to-date.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
- Leverage the broader IT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. May represent UNHCR IT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
- Ensure solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective and that end-user support is responsive and effective.
- Monitor, analyse, and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity in a timely manner and ensure that service owner take appropriate action.
- Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers against SLA performance targets before payment is approved. Participate in periodic performance review meetings with partners.
- Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management.
- Ensure Audit recommendations and actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in drafting requests for proposals and reviewing support contracts including SLAs, SOPs, and OGs.
Additional duties for Country Operations positions
- Liaise and negotiate, when necessary, with relevant regulatory bodies to ensure all required permissions to operate UNHCR networks are granted.
- Promote partnership with sister Agencies, Implementing Partners, NGOs and other operational partners in consultation with Regional Bureau/Country Representative/DIST, Headquarters.
- Report on regularly to the Regional Bureau, Senior IT Service Delivery Management Officer.
Coordinate with UNHCR offices for logistic support to clear IT equipment and accessories for speedy deployment.
Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Information & Communications Technologies; *Computer Science; *Information Systems;
- Information Technologies; Project Management; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Project Management
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in IT including managing IT service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications, systems, and services.
- Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement.
- Experience working with business partners to understand how IT affects an organization and link it to business processes and operational tasks.
- Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels; to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a matrixed team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organisations.
- Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making.
- Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services.
- Formal certification in ITIL Service Operations.
- Experience providing IT services, including deep field locations.
- Experience acting as an inter-agency IT focal point.
- Solid understanding of application and infrastructure technologies used in IT systems and services supported by IT staff in the AoR.
- Experience of operating in humanitarian or United Nations organizations, with field experience.
- A good understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
- *IT-Service Delivery Management
- IT-IT Service Delivery Management Software
- IT-IT Systems and Standards
- IT-IT Network Monitoring & Alerting Tools
- IT-IT Collaboration & Communications Tools
- IT-IT Service Delivery Management
- IT-IT Project, Program or Portfolio Management
- IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) ¿
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- C001L2 – Accountability Level 2
- C002L2 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
- C003L2 – Communication Level 2
- C004L2 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
- C005L2 – Client & Result Orientation Level 2
- C006L2 – Organizational Awareness Level 2
- M002L2 – Managing Performance Level 2
- M003L2 – Judgement and Decision Making Level 2
- M006L2 – Managing Resources Level 2
- X001L2 – Analytical Thinking Level 2
- X003L2 – Technological Awareness Level 2
- X005L2 – Planning and Organizing Level 2
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies advertised in this addendum is Tuesday 24 August 2021 (mid-night Geneva time).Postuler
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays