OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General of the Education Sector (ADG/ED) and the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant, the incumbent will contribute to the effective and timely accomplishment of administrative/office transactions and activities using knowledge of office systems and procedures, to ensure the smooth and efficient organization and delivery of the activities of the ADG/ED’s office.
In particular, the incumbant will:
- Manage the correspondence within the Education Sector: receive, sort, analyze, register and distribute, set deadlines and ensure follow-up; prepare routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts and graphs; proof-read and ensure quality assurance of written documents for completeness, grammatical and typographical accuracy and compliance with UNESCO format standards.
- Organize official meetings and events in person, online or hybrid by providing administrative and related logistical support (booking venues, equipment, inform participants and collect information/documentation; ensure ADG’s participation to events, and organize official travel (prepare travel authorizations/flights/hotel reservations/visas).
- Maintain calendar/schedules; receive/screen phone calls and visitors and respond to routine inquiries and information requests; assist in providing software and office equipment support.
- Retrieve, gather and structure pertinent background material from various sources; track and monitor follow-up actions; maintain and update filing systems (online and paper archives), databases and large distribution lists.
- Prepare administrative documentation, initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow up, including payment follow-up, and alert the supervisor of errors/omissions/discrepancies observed and undertake corrective action.
- Provide guidance to short term and temporary staff on relevant administrative procedures and practices, automated systems, computer applications, etc.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- 1 COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- 2 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
- 5 SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- 6 Footer
- 7 Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Completed secondary general, technical and/or vocational education.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in office management, administration and/or secretarial work.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and proof-read documents in English and French.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Service-oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to interact with internal and external partners at all levels with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment with tact and sensitivity to diversity.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Very good IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) and IT collaborative platforms (Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Interprefy, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (written and spoken) and good knowledge of the other language.
- General administration certificate/training or post-secondary degree in business administration, information technology, or related areas.
- Experience working for a supervisor with managerial responsibilities.
- Relevant work experience in an international environment/organization/institution.
- Experience in providing organizational support for large events.
Skills and competences
- Knowledge of contractual procedures.
- Knowledge of IT business applications (Microsoft Sharepoint, contract management, travel management etc) and /or ERP systems.
- Knowledge of another UNESCO official language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays