Wave recruit 01 Senior Risk Officer
We’re looking for a risk manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for enabling the organization to take controlled risks, define, deploy and manage a risk management system and offer optimized processing solutions to inform management in their strategic decisions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and manage Wave’s risk analysis and prioritization systems, including protection systems.
- Identify and evaluate risks (activities, processes, information systems, production tools, external events, etc.)
- Identify and assess risks
- Implement the risk management policy
- Assist in disseminating an adequate risk culture
- Proceed to periodic reporting on risk management
- Proceed to preventive and detective controls based on our risk profile
- Monitor internal mechanisms to report, investigate and escalate risk issues
- Anticipate changes in risk trends and their effects on the organization
- Other duties as assigned that the business may require.
- Fluent in English, French
- Minimum of 5 years experience in risk management or fraud
- A secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Business & Economics, or comparable field
- Experience working for an international company is an added advantage.
- This location of the role is in Dakar, with the possibility for intermittent travel throughout Senegal.
- Work authorization in Senegal required
You might be a good fit if you
- Have excellent analytical skills and a taste for in-depth technical investigation
- Have a strong track record of collaborating and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Have a strong ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Have written and oral communication and presentation skills, including convincing and influencing a wide range of partners at all levels. Additional certification for fraud and compliance will be a plus.
- Function well under pressure and high-stress environments