|Description de l’offre
Agent Liquidity Lead
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account.
That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards.
Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress.
Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere.
In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire.
Now we have millions of users and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent.
And that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Liquidity Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done.
The successful candidate will effectively manage agent liquidity and cash operations in SN, to ensure that our agent liquidity and customer needs at agents are sufficiently and cost effectively met.
They will continually review and improve agent liquidity, Cash in Transit operations and security standards and processes and ensure strict SLA adherence to all cash operations core requirements with Cash In Transit firms, our staff and our agents.
In this role, you’ll:
– Build and lead a skilled team capable of responding to the fast growing Wave environment – this role will manage at least 40 office and field liquidity staff
– Develop necessary materials for a sustainable and structured liquidity department
– Be on top of the liquidity status nationwide and especially on the assigned region
– Identify priority areas and come up with innovative solutions to Wave’s liquidity needs
At Wave, Agent Liquidity Lead will perform the following tasks:
– Coordinate and lead the unit team to implement strategy and achieve planned OKRs in agent liquidity
– Identify, plan and coordinate projects per month to help in process and tools improvement within agent liquidity team
– Support policy reviews and process documentation including key learning and help with knowledge transfer sessions with other affiliate country operations
– Prioritize the biggest problems blocking the unit’s performance and impact
– Manage the agent network in country with minimal liquidity distress
– Effective management of the agent rebalancing scheduled and in coordinating the cash pick-up from the Banks
– Coordinate all CIT firm’s operations seamlessly, to ensure adherence to SLAs at all time to avert any agent liquidity distress
– Adhere to all security standard requirements and procedures diligently and report any challenges proactively and promptly
– Other duties as may be assigned from time to time through your line manager
You might be a good fit if you
– Understand the liquidity challenge in a rapidly scaling agent network and the approaches to ensuring adequate liquidity.
– Have strong analytical skills / Strong proficiency in Excel
– Good at process documentation and effective at knowledge transfer
– Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly
– Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
– Great at upholding integrity
– Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective
– Have led a team whose role was to ensure the efficient day to day running of an agent network
– Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Location: Dakar, Senegal
– Work authorization in Senegal required
– Language: Strong proficiency in English and French
– Previous Experience: Has already led/managed a team. Preferably an experience in cash movements/cash-in-transit
– Education: Equivalent of a Bachelor Degree – A secondary degree in Finance, Accounting , Business Management or comparable field
– Tools : Excel Proficiency
– Willingness to travel 50% of the time within Senegal
– Strong on integrity
– Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
– Strong knowledge of agent network management
– Strong negotiation skills
bonus points if you
– Extended experience in Cash in Transit and management of mobile money liquidity at the field without significant issues.
– We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
– We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
– We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.