L’OIM recrute 01 assistant financier et reporting
Open to internal and external candidates
- Reference: ROWCA-HR-21-229-VN
- Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
- Classification : General Services, Grade G5
- Type of appointment : One Year Fixed Term, 12 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For this vacancy, applications from qualified and eligible internal candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible external candidates in the selection process.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Based in the Regional Office for WCA in Dakar, under the overall supervision of the Sr. Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO), and the direct supervision of Regional Resources Management Officer (RRMO), the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the RRMO in the administrative, financial, and reporting tasks at the Regional Office. The candidate may be sent to assist country other missions in the ROWCA on specific issues related to finance and reporting.
In particular, s/he will perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the RRMO in providing financial management oversight in the WCA region.
- Assist the RRMO in his capacity building functions within the WCA region.
- Assist in monitoring the burn rate of the projects with the region and field expenditures to identify trends and proactively provide advice to the RRMO.
- Assist the RRMO in providing in-depth financial analysis of the financial reports submitted by country offices for various projects.
- Assist in the periodic spot check review conducted by the RRMO of the detailed list of transactions, open PRs and open POs.
- Clear the Cost Center as per month-end procedures
- Ensure that all relevant documentation related to the Cost Center are processed through e-filling
- Maintain the library of Policies, SOP’s and general instructions to be shared within the region.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the RRMO.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, or higher Diploma in Business Administration, finance, or related discipline with 3 years relevant work experience, or;
- High-school diploma with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in preparation of EU funded budgets, monitoring and reporting,
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems.
- Knowledge of other IOM donor rules including eligibility criteria;
- Experience in field missions duty travels to provide accounting and reporting assistance;
- Experience or ability in preparing clear and concise financial reports, and effectively coordinating office activities.
- Strong financial analysis skills including Month-End reports and Accounts reconciliations is required
- Knowledge of procurement process within SAP is required.
- Experience in working with auditors, reviewing supporting documentation and assisting missions to reply, under the supervision of the RRMO
- High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office .
- Knowledge of SAP-FI is required;
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (pivot tables, SumIfs, lookup functions)
Fluency in French and English are required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on the subject line: « ROWCA-HR-21-229-VN , Finance and Reporting Assistant ».
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date : 7-sept.-21.Postuler
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays