Alongside emergency medical aid action in 12 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the NGO ALIMA develops communication, advocacy and fundraising campaigns in France and Africa, as well as in the USA and Europe. In 2021, ALIMA opened a regional office in Anglophone East Africa (in Kenya, Nairobi).
In this context of growth, ALIMA is looking for an experienced anglophone communications officer.
LOCATION : Dakar, Senegal
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Direct reports: None
Close collaboration with: Operations and Fundraising departments
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 2 : As part of his/her duties, the job holder will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct is found, a declaration of honor will be requested.
The communications officer (English-speaking) will be involved in the implementation of ALIMA’s communication strategy, with the following main objectives:
– Increase awareness and visibility of ALIMA among target audiences
– Produce quality operational and institutional communication material
– Contribute to fundraising and advocacy activities
– Develop the ALIMA employer brand
The communications officer (English-speaking) will be responsible for:
Producing communication materials in English for the general public
– Write, produce and disseminate content (articles, videos, infographics, photo and audio reportages) and communication tools (brochures, annual reports, posters) for all ALIMA’s communication channels (internal and external), in collaboration with ALIMA USA
– Coordinate field visits to produce quality audiovisual reportages and liaise with content providers (videographers, photographers, printers, etc.)
– Translate (or proofread once translated into English) various ALIMA communication tools from French into English
Managing media relations
– Receive and manage requests from English-speaking journalists (background, interviews, field visits) to support the Communication Manager
– Participate in defining ALIMA’s media strategies and key messages according to different topics
– Write press content in collaboration with the Press Relations agency: press releases, briefs and messages on various operational and institutional matters concerning ALIMA
– Ensure good management of international press contacts (updating lists) and maintain a network of contacts (journalists, assistants, editors) with the media (print, radio, television, web) and journalists
– Participate in training and coaching ALIMA spokespersons
– Ensure good media monitoring and media reporting
Producing communication materials for institutional and private donors
– Develop communication and visibility plans for donors, in collaboration with the Operations Department
– Develop and monitor communication content according to institutional and private donors’ expectations of visibility.
Supporting communication activities and fundraising campaigns in France and USA
– Support the design of communication and marketing materials: stories from patients, staff testimonials, computer graphics, films, photographs, audio recordings for France and the USA
– Participate in the development and implementation of communication plans and campaigns for the general public
– Support the production of content for fundraising events for ALIMA France and ALIMA USA (major donors and general public)
Supporting operational communication (in collaboration with field teams)
– Coordinate communication activities with country teams, including the organization of national communication events
– Develop operational communication tools for ALIMA’s activities
– Produce communication materials on projects results
Implementing protection measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
– Participate in training and awareness raising sessions
– Apply abuse prevention standards
– Help create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
– University degree in communication, political science, journalism or equivalent;
– 8+ years of experience in institutional and/or scientific communication for an NGO or an international organization
– Editorial/journalistic experience on medical, humanitarian or public health projects in sub-Saharan Africa
– Knowledge of fundraising mechanisms and relations with private and institutional donors
– Ability to work in unstable and volatile security contexts;
– Native English speaker
– Good level of written and spoken French
– Editorial profile with a strong aptitude for media relations
– Experience and knowledge of international media
– Dynamic, self-reliant, rigorous, creative and proactive
– Flexibility and capacity to adapt to the pace of work in an emergency-oriented organization.
– Strong interest in humanitarian medical action
– Skills in digital media, photography and video are a plus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Permanent contract
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Salary: Level 6 of the ALIMA grid. Grade to be discussed depending on experience.
- 6.5 weeks of paid vacation per year and a system of recovery days for travel
- ALLIANZ health insurance covered by ALIMA for the employee and his/her dependents except in the USA.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online before September 6, 2021
Applications are processed as they are received.
ALIMA reserves the right to close the job before the initial deadline in case of a successful application.
Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + Cover Letter) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Vous êtes sur whatsapp, intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur whatsapp
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays